They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Sunday, February 20, 2011

Michigan for retirement?

Okay, I've been gone for decades and even when I left "retirement" was something unimaginably far in the future, since I had years of preparation for my career still ahead of me.

But the article Painful sacrifices could push retirees out of state, in the Midland Daily news, caught my attention.
This is a big retirement state,” he said. “Retirees spend a lot of money here.

Sure, from time to time I'd thought about returning when I retire, and maybe that was reinforced by our visit last summer. Not sure about returning to the Midwestern climate (I am awfully spoiled by Seattle for all I detest its dark, gloomy winters), but I sure miss the Midwestern culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment