They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Goodbye for now

Dear readers,


I should have done this a few weeks ago, but allowed myself to get caught up in the whirlwind of this spring's travel season first. Back a few days ago from the second business trip in as many weeks, I fly out soon for another running through next week... and so on until the end of May after which, if nothing else pops up, I will have a *long* stretch at home before things pick up again in September.


In any event, last summer's visit back to Midland is receding. It leaves in my memory an odd and sad overlay of Midland as I saw it recently on the Midland I remember.


Truly you cannot go home again.


Our thoughts of a second visit next year, encompassing more of the state, remain. But until we start planning that, barring things unforeseen I will have nothing more for the blog. But I will leave it open, and will be notified of any comments.


Later...

Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment