They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Thursday, October 7, 2010

Six degrees of separation?

Wikipedia has an entry for Six degrees of separation. I am beginning to believe that maybe there is something in this.

Earlier this week I flew into Las Vegas to speak at a conference, and the evening before the conference opened I attended a reception for the sponsoring organization's members. Not many were there, maybe 30 or so -- probably because of the thunderstorms that delayed my flight as well as others.

But in short order, chatting with one of the guys I hadn't known before, I soon learned he's from (and still is near) Lansing -- and that he had an uncle who ran a shop in Midland sometime around the time I lived there! What kind of shop, I've forgotten. Not shoe repair, but something with tools...? The conversation went off in other directions and I was pretty tired by then, so I guess I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment