They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Friday, October 22, 2010

Two Midlands

Flying home from a four-day conference in Washington D.C., I expected to fly over Midland because my flight connection was in New York, and most flights to or from Newark pass close to Midland. Last night, though, we took a bit more northerly route.

Now I've been on Delta enough lately that their movie and CD selection is no longer interesting, so I just put up "Moving Map" and do something else, like reading a book.

But as we approached Midland I saw something "interesting" (well, not really) -- another Midland, on the other side of Lake Huron. There are many "Midlands" in the U.S., but I'd never heard of this one in Canada. (Sorry for the poor picture quality; it was taken with a cellphone camera that I was struggling to keep still despite turbulence.)

No comments:

Post a Comment