They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Thursday, August 19, 2010

Classmate Roster

It's surprising to see the pageload counter still rising, albeit slowly.


In any event, I was looking at the Classmate Roster today, and just realized the huge effort it must have required to accumulate addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the vast majority of over 800 classmates and "friends" (like me).


Having tried to locate old friends before (did Keith become an architect in San Francisco? did Andy go into electronics after all?), even with Internet services it's dicey. I just tried to locate myself online and failed -- though I found a few guys nearby with the same name and with wives whose names are, or are close to, Kathy. Eerie.

So I wonder how the Reunion Committee did that.


A pity to see all the "Please send email to confirm this information" and "Please contact us" notes in the roster. But perhaps some folks aren't interested. I wonder if there was followup. I forgot how I learned about the reunion; my best guess is that it was through Classmates.com.

Oh darn. I need to look up Dave Sweet again; we'd been in contact and I'm going to be in his locale the other side of the country no less than three times in the next three months. Maybe we can get together -- but not the first trip a week and half from now. It's a new committee's kickoff meeting that starts at noon on Monday and ends at noon Tuesday (handy for East Coast folks), but I already have a dinner meeting Sunday with a few of us early-arriving West Coasters, a morning meeting Monday (the same plus a few more), and a probable wrap-up afternoon meeting Tuesday that will dwindle as we variously depart for home. But the next two are longer stays with evenings free.

Ah. He's still in my Gmail contacts.

No comments:

Post a Comment