They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Sunday, August 22, 2010

Full stop?

Barring additional material this blog is likely done.


Not that more material won't arise. For example I just sent some of my photos of Midland just three weeks ago to an Iranian in one of Iran's more beautiful cities. He is studying a field closely related to mine, and we met a year or two ago through his technical query to a work-related email list.


I sent my photos in response to photos he sent me from a recent group outing to a waterfall and of nearby Persepolis. His perceptions of Midland were interesting to read and very complimentary, though I think they reflect in part little enough for him to see, not to mention disparities in our cultures.


I'm sure he'd be shocked to learn of fallout shelters, for example, and that during the Cuban missile crisis I was informed that we'd be a high priority target. (During the same time Kathy was agonizing over whether there would still be an America to return to.)


But that's little enough for a blog. Check back from time to time, if you will, but I give no promises for new material. (Though you're always invited to leave comments, which should reach me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment