They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Saturday, August 7, 2010

Michigan maple syrup

I forget when I purchased this little bottle of (presumably) Michigan maple syrup; it was probably about the time a few years when I started thinking about a visit to Michigan. But I know exactly where I purchased it: at the Michigania store in DTW airport.


Nevertheless, it's sat on the shelf ever since -- until this morning when, as we were discussing last week's visit, I decided it was time for Kathy to try this syrup for comparison to Connecticut, Vermont and Canadian syrup. "Light Grade A" she pronounced it, a light sweet taste that I like much more than the heavy brown stuff.


I can (hopefully) buy another tourist bottle the next time I'm connecting through DTW, probably later this month or sometime the next, but now I have to find a real source for this syrup. Mrs. Butterworth's just doesn't make the grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment