They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Sunday, August 8, 2010

There's always the 50th

I've had e-mail exchanges with a few friends and classmates since the reunion and there's been a common theme through them: "How was it we didn't get the time to sit and visit?" So much going on, so many people, it's not surprising. But I know if/when I'm headed to/through Richmond VA or Kalamazoo MI (there are Kalamazoos in AR, FL, and WV!) or the D.C. area, I have friends to contact. And they likewise, if they're in the Seattle area (there is only one Seattle).


I've heard that some folks have had small get-togethers on their own; I'm guessing old friends from back then. And that there have been regional get-togethers too, though such is not likely here: there are five of us self-identified as being in the Puget Sound region, the furthest less than an hour away on Fox Island but... I only knew one of the other four and she probably doesn't remember me.


Outside of D.C., my work travels don't seem to take me places where those I know of the Class of 1970 are located. I had my hopes up for having the USA host my ISO committee's annual meeting in Santa Fe next year (Anne M.?), but "we" chose Chicago instead for convenient access. (The last USA hosting, in Key West, was hugely inconvenient but a memorable stay.)


Oh well. There's always the 50th reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment