They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Thursday, September 2, 2010

Michiganders everywhere!

At dinner Monday night during my committee meetings in Atlanta, some question prompted me to ask the fellow across the table where he was from. "Jackson, Michigan" was the answer. At first I thought "We've discussed this before" but then I remembered that one of our meeting hosts is also from Jackson, with an aunt in Midland she visited often in her childhood days. (Learned this at dinner with her in Albuquerque a couple of months ago, when the then-upcoming visit was prominent in my mind.)


And on the flight home from Atlanta Tuesday evening, the seats in front of me were pretty vocal (i.e. loud) and I learned one of them is also a Michigander.


At this rate, and based on my experiences thus far traveling, I would not be overly surprised to encounter a Michigander when I'm in Switzerland 2-1/2 weeks hence (business, another committee, not staying to tour).

No comments:

Post a Comment