They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Saturday, September 4, 2010

Midland in work-related news

I was a little surprised to see Midland pop up when I was performing some work-related searches. Among the various aspects of my job in the commercial-building HVAC controls industry, I am a LEED Accredited Professional (my focus is on energy-efficiency) and from time to time I take a look at what's going on in the world of LEED and "green" buildings.


It started with Green and Local, the construction of a LEED building in Midland. That had reference to the Chippewa Nature Center preschool, which is pursuing a LEED Platinum rating. To think we almost went there, but didn't. Oh well. I got my first tour of a LEED Platinum building just this week.


MidMichigan Medical Center goes green for expansion and renovation -- I vaguely recall seeing signs about that when we drove by the center during our visit. The article notes that they "draw on LEED", not that they're going for a LEED rating. (But boy, is that hospital ever different from the one where they removed my tonsils a long time ago!)


And as a side-note on one website there was this:
Midland ranked top 10 in nation by Business Facilities Magazine
(poor title, it should have said 3rd).

No comments:

Post a Comment