They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Spoiled

I never really realized how spoiled I've become by Seattle's mild climate. Sure, whenever Kathy said, "Let's move to Midland" (haven't heard that in a while) I'd come back with "hot, humid summers and February." She's really no stranger to both, from what I have seen of her family's corner of Connecticut, and especially long winters.

But I was shocked when I left the office yesterday -- it wasn't that hot (even for Seattleites, in the high 70s) but the relative humidity was very near 100%. I started perspiring instantly. And when I got home, well, the windows were open so the house was unplasantly humid. This is maybe the second or at most third time I remember encountering such conditions in my 27 years here. And it just seems wrong to want to have A/C in autumn, when we get through the summer without it.

I know Midland summers are not completely like this, but it's what remains in memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment