They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Thursday, June 17, 2010

One rule I've learned...

...is that at launch you simply cannot predict where a blog is going to go.

I have had a (mostly anonymous) church blog for some years now and, because I am a bit well-known in my industry, at company request I started a work-related blog more recently. Three blogs are rather a bit much; this one will likely terminate after the reunion. So now, dear classmates, is a chance for you to acquire a wee bit o' Internet fame if you show up, though if you do and you're inherently shy like me, upon request I will respect your request and avoid names & photos.

(Photography is another hobby, one to which my father introduced me in Midland where we had a darkroom in the basement, but now I generally prefer the less temperamental digital photography over chemical film. I also prefer to be behind the camera, not in front of it.)

But getting back to blogs, if one is not careful the first posts can be a little embarrassing, though on this one I've only given the bare minimum to explain my perspective with regards to Midland -- quite different from my perspectives on Dahlgren, Alamagordo, Ann Arbor, Arlington, Lake Orion, [insert long stay in Midland here], Sunnyvale, Los Altos, Isla Vista, Mountain View, Lompico, Woodinville and the various other places I've lived, whether or not I have any memories of them.

So. I had a direction in mind for this blog but given that the very first commenter identified me instantly, as will most of you who knew me (and those who don't, well, won't unless you're dogged detectives), the profile on this blog will be filled out over time.

Please feel free to chime in. Or send a note, in public comments or private e-mail: I'm sensitive about posting e-mail addresses in cleartext, but I do check on "former . midlander @ gmail . com" daily. At least when I'm home, which should be most of the time until the reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment