They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Monday, June 14, 2010

Ouch!

Started pricing flights for the MHS 1970 reunion. I was warned last week by a colleague that booking "award" travel this summer is difficult. And it is: this evening my preferred carrier wants 50k miles per person for this trip, though if we take a redeye (overnight) flight with a bad connection we can push it down to 40k each.

I don't do redeyes well. I took one last year (meetings on east coast starting the morning after west coast meeting's end) and I was, as I expected, completely worthless the first day.

None of the flight times are good and they'll burn lots of frequent-flyer miles, but... I anticipate earning that much again between now and the end of the year. (For one who just wants to stay at home this is Not Good!) We know how fares change over time as flight time gets closer.

I just hope my wife doesn't back out on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment