They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Checklists

I was annoyed to check online with the airline Sunday, only to learn we didn't have seats on our flight from Salt Lake City to Detroit. I remember our options were quite limited because we were booking "award travel," burning frequent-flyer miles while they're still worth something, but Kathy called the airline yesterday and got us seats thanks to my frequent-flyer status. I think this is the first time I've ever flown using miles -- usually it's Kathy, other family, our priest or a friend. Check.


The hotels have been sending me notices about the upcoming stays. Need to print those out. Check. (Need new printer cartridges; noted.)


Haircut & beard-trim. (A month having passed since my last conference I was beginning to feel a bit shaggy.) Maybe it's time for new photos; I've been asked for one for an upcoming speaking engagement. Check.


Arrange a visit with Gwen. Trying to figure a time -- lunch on Saturday perhaps? Breakfast? To do.


Weather forecast... okay... Some rain, some thunderstorms. Rain I can surely deal with or I would not have lived in Seattle for 27+ years, though we get far too few thunderstorms here for either Kathy's or my liking. Umbrellas in the rollaboard: Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment