They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Saturday, July 24, 2010

Maybe I was wrong

Haven't spent a lot of time searching since my earlier posting about Frank Lloyd Wright so my list remains empty. But I learned a bit more today at the bookstore.


From where I live it's 10 miles into town --5 to the nearest supermarket or gas station-- but I was already nearby for a church event, the latest Gardner Dozois annual SF anthology had just come out (reviewed in yesterday's WSJ!) and Border's had nicely sent me a 40%-off coupon, so I went into Redmond.


And there in the price-reduction pile was a huge book of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings -- but nothing in Midland was listed. Then I thought to peruse the Architecture shelves; two more books, one on homes and one on buildings. Again, nothing in Midland.


So maybe my memory of that library book I saw in 1990 is in error.

1 comment:

  1. I had the good fortune of living in a Frank Lloyd Wright house in Los Angeles during my last two semesters at Art Center. It was known as the Ennis Brown House. The house was up in the hills next to Griffith Park and looked out over the L.A. basin and the Hollywood hills. A
    beautiful view, especially at night and on a clear day you could see Catalina Island.

    ReplyDelete