They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Relax and enjoy

Home from the office -- and not much to do. There is some trip prep that still needs to be done, such as printing boarding passes, maps and event schedules, but this will have to wait until Kathy gets home with new print cartridges.


But I also managed to dump a ton of stress today, three or four items that finally yielded and went "poof." A good thing because it was getting to the point where I might call the trip off even if I didn't come down sick before departure. Being ill while traveling is no fun at all.


So now I can rest, finish packing, sleep in in the morning and we can amble off to SeaTac airport tomorrow for a truly leisurely 1 PM PDT departure. (My domestic business trips almost always feature 6 to 7 AM departures which requires getting up sometime from 3 to 4 AM.) Sure we get into Detroit at 11 PM EDT but the hotel is next to the airport, we can sleep in again and make our Detroit-area stops, and still attend the Friday evening Plymouth Park event in good order.


But to my friends who have my(our) cellphone number(s), if something happens it looks like we'll have signal until we reach Midland, per the map below. And we're staying at the Hampton Inn.


Looking forward to this visit, after 42 years' absence. I'm now where I can relax and enjoy it.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Bill!

    With all my heart I hope you will relax and let this pilgrimage be what it can be for you.

    My heart grieves at the sound of your words: "...say a final good-bye...close the door." Why does it have to be good-bye, and not: Hello, old friend(s), I've missed you so much!...I'm glad we have this opportunity to catch up on the time we've spent apart." ?

    There is a home in New England that will always remain in my heart as a touch stone, a place where I can come back and breathe the crisp mountain air, hear the far away thunder, the crashing of the waves on the shore, smell the rain and the salt air, chase fire flies, swim in the moonlight and feel connected to the universe in the deepest part of me. I wish that for you, my darling, heart of my own heart. I pray you find the peace that has eluded you all these years.

    However it goes, I shall be forever yours.

    ReplyDelete