They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Midland Mall

I don't remember when the term "mall" became popular, though it was probably in the 70s. It was a little odd when booking the Midland Hampton Inn to see it listed as beinc across from the "Midland Mall" -- and more so when I looked it up and saw it's the old Midland Shopping Center (at least that's what I remember it was called). In memory it was not a large shopping center but big enough, with a department store that was the only other significant outlet for new paperbacks (my primary source was Woolworth's downtown).


Back then the other (western) side of Eastman Ave was all forest, but I see that's no more.


"Cinema Drive" hints that Midland must have a movie theater now.

No comments:

Post a Comment