They say you can't go home again and they're right... but who says you can't go visit?



Saturday, July 3, 2010

"Home again, home again / jiggity-jog"

Somehow that quote became a family tradition, started sometime back in Midland... Oops. Personal perspective reflected here -- "back in Midland" means "sometime in the '60s."

Anyways, this was always to be said at the end of a trip when we'd pulled into the driveway and turned off the engine, to wit: "We're home." We still say this, by the way.

It's actually been about 48 hours since I got home but the ton of business awaiting me (I still haven't cleared out the 'important' e-mail backlog, much less the rest) and exhaustion finally caught up with me. As best as I can tell I slept from about 9 PM to almost noon. The weather "helped" -- temperatures from the low 50s to 60F and rain. Cold even for Seattle, but I'm sure Midland is nothing like this right now.

I have a couple of new postings started, but they will have to wait.

2 comments:

  1. WOW. I am amazed! We used to say the same thing when we returned from our road trips. You and I grew up worlds apart and yet out families shared "traditions" like this one. I wonder, did you guys call the large rises and dips in the road "Thanks You, Ma'ams"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... no. We were little more "circumspect" than that. (grin)

    They were simply "rollercoasters" to us.

    ReplyDelete